Liverpool at MIPIM sponsor announce exciting times for the UK’s largest regeneration project – Wirral Waters
2018 saw the announcement of three major housing projects set to bring over 1,000 new homes to Wirral Waters.
They include the first ever joint venture between Peel Land and Property and Urban Splash, two of the North West’s leading developers. The £60m development will comprise of 347 modular homes in the Northbank neighbourhood of Wirral Waters.
In March 2018 Peel L&P also announced a partnership with award-winning care provider, Belong Villages, and in April a planning application was submitted to Wirral Council.
This collaboration will bring a state-of-the-art dementia care village to Wirral Waters, comprising 34 one and two-bedroom apartments, which will be available to rent or buy; plus, six dementia households where 24-hour support is provided for up to 12 residents in each. This is equivalent to 109 new homes. The project will include a range of amenities, including bistro, gym and hair salon and will employ around 150 people.
Finally, Wirral Waters One, a £90m scheme for 500 apartments, was formally approved by the Cabinet of Wirral Council on October 1st, 2018.
This project also includes a £100,000 investment for community activities by The Legacy Foundation.
A lot more than Housing
- September 2015 saw the completion of the award-winning Wirral Met College Construction faculty – securing a RIBA Regional Award, a RIBA National Award, a Civic Trust National Award and a Wirral Society Award for Excellence.
- In November 2015, Tower Wharf, a 48,000 sq ft office project was completed.
- Environmental improvements are ongoing, with the plating over thousands of tree and new public realm that prioritises cycling and pedestrian use.
- In March 2018 Peel L&P formally submitted a planning application to Wirral Council for a new office scheme, No1 Tower Rd South, which will provide 30,000 sq ft of Grade ’A’ quality office space aimed at the small and medium sized businesses.
- In May 2018 Award-winning firms, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects in Denmark, and Ellis Williams Architects in Liverpool were chosen to design the £20m Maritime Knowledge Hub set to open in 2020. The Hub will ultimately include office space for maritime organisations, serviced business start-up space and support, an offshore survival centre and marine simulation centre, and teaching space.
- In June 2018 a formal planning application was submitted to Wirral Council to build a waterside amenity café, restaurant, studio and arts space to support new and existing communities at Wirral Waters.
Over the course of the coming months further progress will be announced including MEA Park, a waterside manufacturing, logistics and distribution campus that will support the maritime, energy and automotive sectors, a Skills Factory and a Modular Development Centre – all designed to attract businesses in key industrial sectors and create jobs in the area.