Register to attend the HealthTec Cluster Anniversary Conference – 18 May 2021
The North West HealthTec Cluster was launched in 2019 through a founding partnership between the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), part of UK Research and Innovation, and the North West Coast, Academic Health Sciences Network – The Innovation Agency.
Hosted by the National Science and Innovation Campus at Sci-Tech Daresbury, It is a community dedicated to increasing intra & cross-sector connectivity, supporting cutting-edge research & development, commercialisation, and global growth of health technology solutions. It does this through connecting the capabilities of now ~50 local, regional and national stakeholder organisations.
This online anniversary conference will bring together peers from across the Health and life science sector (and beyond).
As well as featuring ‘HealthTec Huddle’ (a chance to share ideas and check-in with peers) the organsiers will be hosting a series of panels, discussing core topics from what sustainability and net-zero mean for the sector to how we look at what next to support C-19 recovery, leveling up and innovation.
10:15 Welcome & Introduction
- Welcome: Dr Phil Carvil, HealthTec Cluster Manager, UKRI-STFC
- Opening remarks: Dr Barbara Ghinell, Director, Campus and Cluster Development, UKRI-STFC
- The Health of Health System Innovation in the North West: Dr Phil Jennings, CEO, The Innovation Agency – The North West Coast Academic Health Science Network (NWC AHSN)
11:05 Panel Discussion: Growing the Health & Life Science Sector: Covid-19 Recovery, Levelling up and connecting capabilities across the UK
Chair Dr Séamus O’Neill, Chief Executive, Northern Health Science Alliance Ltd
- Dr Sherry Kothari, Director, Health Innovation Campus, Lancaster University
- Dr Liz Mear, CEO, Leeds Health Partners
- Professor Richard Jones, Chair in Materials Physics and Innovation Policy, University of Manchester
- Kevin Kiely, CEO, Medilink North UK
- Thomas Renn, MD, Bruntwood SciTech – Manchester
- Paul Vernon, Executive Director Business & Innovation UKRI-STFC
12:00 HealthTec Huddle
We are back with a special anniversary addition of the huddle and its 45s pitch lineup. Open to all upon registering you’ll hear about some of the latest organisational developments, services you can access and potential collabroations.
Hosting this session will be three cluster managers including:-
- Emma Whitenstall, Manager of the North East HealthTech Cluster, Dynamo North East
- Dr Adrian Hill, Manager of the Harwell Healthtec Cluster, UKRI-STFC
- Dr Phil Carvil, North West HealthTec Cluster, UKRI-STFC
13:05 Panel Discussion: Nurturing ideas, changing culture and exploring the next clinical frontier
- Professor Cheng-Hock Toh, Vice President, Royal College of Physicians
- Luella Trickett, Director of Access, Association of British HealthTech Industries
- Lorna Green, Director of Enterprise and Growth, Innovation Agency NWC AHSN
- Dr Elliot Street, CEO & Co-founder, Inovus Medical
- Dr William van’t Hoff, CEO, NIHR Clinical Research Network
2:05 Panel Discussion: Sustainability in the Health & Life Science Sector
Chair: Dr Annette Bramley, Director N8 Research Partnership
- Emma Degg, CEO, North West Business Leaders Team
- Steve Jamieson, Healthcare Lead GB&I, Siemens
- Ian Stenton, Head of Sustainability, Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Neil Hind, GM NHS Procurement Programme Director, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Dr Carol Treasure, CEO & Founder, X-Cellr8
- Emma Southwall-Sander, Harwell EnergyTec Cluster
If you have any questions please get in touch with Phil Carvil – HealthTec Cluster Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)